Table of contents
- 1 Overview
- 2 Details
- 2.1 I. Permanent Agreements between the RSE and UFP
- 2.2 II. Short-Term Requirements
This document shall serve as a treaty between the Rihannsu Star Empire herein 'RSE' and the United Federation of Planets herein 'UFP' . Any previous treaties and agreements between the RSE and UFP which conflict with this treaty shall be superseded by this treaty.
I. Permanent Agreements between the RSE and UFP
A. Cessation of Hostilities
1. A 'hostile action' as referred to within this section shall be taken to mean a violation of any term within this treaty to which both parties have agreed.
2. The RSE shall not undertake any hostile action against the UFP at any time in the future.
3. The UFP shall not undertake any hostile action against the RSE at any time in the future.
B. Cloaking Technology
1. A 'cloaking device' is any device of any manufacture which is capable of concealing from sensors any space-borne vessel including but not limited to shuttlecraft starships starbases sensor buoys and subspace relays.
2. The UFP shall not possess in any way a cloaking device. Additionally no citizen organization corporation or other entity of the UFP shall possess a cloaking device.
a The RSE may conduct at its option exactly one full inspection of all UFP starbases outposts and starships per year to ensure continuing compliance with this term.
3. The UFP shall turn over all cloaking devices which it currently possesses to the RSE.
4. The RSE shall not operate vessels under cloak within 4 sectors of any UFP-controlled starbase outpost star system or planet.
5. The RSE may operate vessels under cloak within its own territory and within a 5-sector radius of any element of its territory.
C. Protection of Sovereign Territory
1. Neither the UFP nor any entity of the UFP including but not limited to individuals corporations organizations and the military shall enter RSE territory for any reason without prior approval of the Fvillhaih of the RSE or the accompaniment of the RSE Galae.
2. The RSE may not enter UFP territory for any reason without prior approval of the UFP or the accompaniment of Starfleet.
3. Diplomatic envoys are specifically exempted from the prohibitions described in I.C.1 and I.C.2. A 'diplomatic envoy' shall be any one starship or shuttlecraft including those operated by third parties with no active weapons and not operating under cloak whose sole mission is diplomatic in nature. These envoys are limited to the following:
a For RSE envoys a direct path to Starbase 1 in orbit of Sol in sector Alpha- 30:10:10.
b For UFP envoys a direct path to ChR Resonance in sector Alpha+ 15:13:9.
4. A second specific exemption from the prohibitions described in I.C.1 and I.C.2 is made for missions of trade which are allowed by current regulation of the entity whose space is in question whether those regulations are current or future as long as such regulations are valid for the instances which invoke this exemption.
5. UFP territory consists of all that volume of space indicated by standard sensor equipment as belonging to the UFP.
6. RSE territory consists of the following elements:
a All that volume of space indicated by standard sensor equipment as belonging to the RSE. b All that volume of space indicated by standard sensor equipment as belonging to the Tholian Hegemony which will hereafter in all correspondence and in this document be referred to by all parties as the Fireland Province of the RSE . c That volume of space enclosed by an 8-sector radius centered at the center of the sector Alpha+ 10:8:6. d That volume of space enclosed by a cylinder whose radius is 4 sectors and whose centerline has its endpoints at the centers of the sectors Alpha+ 25:28:12 and Alpha+ 6:6:10. e That volume of space enclosed by a 5-sector radius centered at the starbase ChR Resonance in sector Alpha+ 15:13:9. f That volume of space enclosed by a 5-sector radius centered at the starbase ChR Devoras in sector Alpha+ 20:22:6. g The grounds and buildings of the RSE embassy on Terra. h All stars planets other bodies starbases and other objects within the space indicated herein including those currently known to exist those that are discovered in the future and those that are constructed within that space in the future.
II. Short-Term Requirements
A. Reconstruction of RSE Embassy on Terra
1. The UFP shall reconstruct the RSE embassy on Terra at the cost of the UFP. The embassy must be built to or beyond its original specifications. The RSE diplomat to be stationed there S'Tal tr'Vriehu shall be consulted by the UFP regarding this reconstruction.
B. Inspection of UFP Territory for Prohibited Cloaking Devices
1. The UFP shall allow the RSE to perform a full inspection of its bases starships and other installations regarding compliance with sections I.B.2 and I.B.3 of this document.
a This inspection shall be conducted by a crew of no more than three Rihannsu to be selected by the RSE Fvillhaih.
b All three members of the inspection crew may be armed with disruptor pistols to ensure security of the inspection crew.
C. Return of Prisoners and Property and Compensation for War Losses
1. The UFP shall immediately return to the custody of the RSE all Rihannsu prisoners taken in the most recent conflict or otherwise.
2. The UFP shall deliver to the RSE one copy of a manufacturing cartridge for the Tricorder Upgrade technology.
3. The RSE shall immediately return to the custody of the UFP all UFP prisoners taken in the most recent conflict.
4. The RSE shall return within one month of the signing of this treaty the USS Banneker and relinquish control of that vessel to the UFP.
- As an interesting allegory, it should be noted that both the UFP and RSE have routinely violated their treaties, pretty much at whim.